Wednesday, September 20, 2006

"Balls Pass" completed


I've found mountains hard going and a bit frustrating at times lately, and the harder I worked at the ones that weren't cooperating, the worse they looked :O So I decided to sketch out some mountains and then paint them in a maximum of 2 washes, forcing me to be looser and more expressive than I usually allow myself to be. I also picked some interesting colours to force myself to focus less on recreating the reference and making it look more original. I really like how this has come out, especially the soft look - generally my mountains' contours have been expressed with predominantly hard edges, but I like this approach better :) The river is a bit basic, but I was making that up since the ref pic has a road instead, and so I didn't want to get too clever and ruin it. The river wasn't the point of the exercise anyway ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home